STUFF WE LOVE
It’s a nice and mild October (so far). Hurray! We’re a pretty optimistic bunch so we thought this called for a celebration of the great outdoors! After all it might be our last chance to venture outside without our waterproofs and woolly hats this year! So here are our favourite routes for enjoying the great British countryside on two wheels.
1) Tudor Trail, Kent: This route is perfect for a Sunday afternoon. You’ll pass through Haysden Country Park and meander along the River Medway before coming to Penshurst Place and the sleepy village of Chiddingstone. Finally the trail ends at Hever Castle, and yes, there’s a pub along the way for a hearty lunch.
2) Swinley Forest: This fantastic pinewood has tracks perfect for everyone, whether you want to explore at a slow and steady pace or go for a white-knuckle mountain bike ride.
3) Thames Ride, West London: The perfect choice if you’re looking to get away from the humdrum of the city, this route runs along a smooth riverside path and takes you past Hampton Court Palace and the houseboats of Taggs Island.
4) The Manifold Trail, West Midlands: This route follows a disused railway line so it’s nice and easy going, but don’t worry, there’s plenty of excitement along the way courtesy of the old track running through two dramatic limestone gorges.
5) Melksham, North Wiltshire River Route: There is plenty along this route to catch the eye as it goes easing past Lacock Abbey, the Cherhill White Horse and the ancient and mysterious stone circle at Avebury.
We hope this inspires everyone to dig out the bikes from the back of the garage but if you know a route that you think offers the very best of Britain then we want to hear about it!
Finally don’t forget that for quality cycle gear you can rely on, you need look no further that our customisable range for men and women.